martes, 7 de septiembre de 2010

Strike!!


I think that every people have the right to public demonstration and I also believe that to be heard in these times is necessary to draw the attention of the highest authorities through actions such as strikes to motivate stakeholders to demand real improvements in their demands.
Recently there was a demonstration that brought together a group of students from various faculties of this university, for the purpose of requiring profound improvements in higher education. In my opinion this type of events are valid because they are claiming something for the student community. Actually I agree with the strike at the university. I want a future that our country has a high quality education that all students can access it.
However, the right to strike that have every citizen has been repressed by the police force of our country with unnecessary violence as demonstrated by what happened in days spent in strike of our faculty.
In the last strike at the faculty of architecture, I did not participate in the strike for personal reasons but will always support these initiatives because I know they are in pursuit of a common good.
I also think it is admirable the work of all those classmate who have worked to defend public education and we need to assess all the effort they have put every day in the struggle for better education.
Finally, although I know for certain these demonstrations are not important, especially for those who are already out of the carreer I think it is always necessary that those who strive to have our support, since their struggle is for a better future for all.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario